Application of PETROZENE
Typically Petrozene™ is applied directly on the surface of the built up paraffins, asphaltenes and other hydrocarbons to eliminate the build up
It can also be added into the oil or hydrocarbon blend being transported to eliminate such build up or prevent it in the first place. The high specific gravity means Petrozene™ will layer between the transported oil and the residue build up enhancing and prolonging the effectiveness of Petrozene™
Some agitation can be helpful to speed up the process. This can happen during transport, while with storage a small pump can be used
In applications with direct staff interaction requiring a higher safety level, Petrozene™ with a higher flashpoint can be used
Consult our representatives for specific volumes and applications. However, typical use for primary applications are as follows:
Whenever the well is below the desired output, the following procedure can be performed:
1. Pull well down until it is at the perforation or as low as it can pull it down.
2. Pour the specified amount of Petrozene down the casing.
3. Pour oil down casing after Petrozene to make sure that the Petrozene is flushed all the way down to the bottom of the well.
4. Pressurize the well with Nitrogen to force the Petrozene into the formation.
5. Allow the formation and well to soak for a time to be specified based on the well .
6. After soaking, recirculate the well for 24 hours to allow the Petrozene to clean the tubing, sucker rod and the annulus.
7. Once recirculation time is complete, return to normal operations.
Production yield improvements in wells of 25% to 30% are not uncommon after using Petrozene. To maintain the rate of production the process may be repeated every 2 to 4 months, depending on the well size and type of crude
For most transportation applications, Petrozene is introduced directly into the vehicle and breaks down the paraffin and asphaltene build up while the vehicle is in operation:
1. Petrozene should be added to the vehicle (tanker truck, rail car, barge) at a volume to be specified based on the size of the vehicle.
2. The Petrozene can be introduced while the vehicle is empty (other than the sludge buildup) or full.
3. In the course of the journey to or from the load out point the Petrozene will dissolve and emulsify the sludge.
4. When the vehicle is filled with crude, the dissolved/emulsified mixture will be mixed with the crude.
5. The agitation caused by the vehicle in motion provides for adequate mixing
6. Upon arrival at the refinery or other load out point, the crude oil can be drained with the sludge and Petrozene dissolved in. As hydrocarbon based products, these should not cause problems during the load out
Petrozene may also be added periodically into vehicles as a preventative to avoid significant build up of sludges over time. .
Petrozene has been shown to clean storage tanks, even with unmaintained buildup of heavy sludges of over 15 years. Some agitation helps to speed up the process, as follows:
1. To clean tank bottom pull tank down to 1 or 2 ft of oil.
2. Apply the specified amount of Petrozene, depending on the size of the tank and the type of crude normally stored in the tank
3. Circulate oil or roll the tank with air or dry ice for 2 to 3 hours (depending on the size of the tank) to increase the contact efficiency with the bottom sediment.
4. Circulation can be done with a simple sparge blowing air into the oil using compressed air.
5. The Petrozene can be applied without circulation but will likely take a significantly longer period of time to dissolve the buildup
6. The sludge, mixed with the oil and Petrozene, can then be drained out of the storage tank.
If introduced in a refinery or similar setting, the Petrozene may also be used to clean out flow lines by recirculating it through the flow lines to the tank, or simply in a loop, over a 24 hour period.
Petrozene has been shown in tests to be effective down to 0 F, but at lower rates of dissolution. It may take twice as long to dissolve the paraffin build up at 0 F versus 65 F, for example. Heating the Petrozene before use to 85 F may help in any application to speed up the rate of dissolution.
PETROZENE is Green
Petrozene™ is made from a byproduct of recycled scrap tires. This is considered a renewable resource as they would otherwise be landfilled. the process that creates Petrozene helps reduce the worldwide problem that petroleum waste products pose to our environment every year. This makes Petrozene one of the only “green” products on the market that can thoroughly dispose of paraffins and asphaltenes. But it is still a petroleum-based product, so it will not contaminate the oil reserve or stored crude to which it is being applied. This solves the environmental hazards that various petroleum waste products pose to the environment
To produce Petrozene, the scrap tires have various processes applied, including pyrolysis and certain proprietary post-processing including additives.
It is estimated that 300 million tires are scrapped each year. Tire stockpiles create a great health and safety risk. Tire fires can occur easily, burning for months, creating substantial pollution in the air and ground. An additional health risk, tire piles provide harborage for vermin and a breeding ground for mosquitoes that may carry diseases. Illegal dumping of scrap tires pollutes ravines, woods, deserts, and empty lots; which has led many states to pass scrap tire regulations requiring proper management.
PETROZENE Product Specification
|FLASH POINT, C, PMCC||DEGF D56 Flammable
|POUR POINT, C||(CALC’D)||22|
|LBS PER U.S. GAL @ 15.6 C||(CALC’D)||8.17|
|LBS PER IMP GAL @ 15.6 C||(CALC’D)||9.82|
|SPECIFIC GRAVITY @ 15.6 C||D287 (CALC’D)||0.98|
|VISCOSITY @ 50 C, CST||D445||3.2|
|VISCOSITY @ 50 C, CST||D445||3.2|
|WATER CONTENT||PPM D6304||0|
See the Safety Data Sheet for additional safety and regulatory information.
A higher flashpoint version of Petrozene of over 100 F can be produced upon request for use by personnel in enclosed spaces.
Product safety information required for this product is not included herein. Before handling, read material safety data sheet and container label for safe use, physical and health hazard information. The material safety data sheet is available upon request.
To Order PETROZENE
Petrozene is available in bulk quantities as well as in 250 gallon totes. Samples can be supplied in 5 gallon containers, or 55 gallon drums. For purchases, please contact FDEP at [email protected]
Refer all questions to: